NO Britney, NO Gaga, NO Kanye... no one TMZ'd in the last 12 months.
Just songs I discovered that put me in the happiest of places.
Made me dance. Made me cry. Made my mouth hurt from smiling so hard.
No particular order. I love them all equally.
1) In Your Care by Bright Light Bright Light
2) The Mother We Share (Moon Boots Remix) by Chvrches
3) Staying by Koda
4) Chamakay by Blood Orange
5) Call Your Mama by Amanda Overmyer
6) Dear No One by Tori Kelly
7) Work on It by Papi Shank
Sampled some Michael Jackson and
features my friend Anna Morris looking beautiful, dare I say hot.
8) My Smile is Just a Frown Turned Upside Down by Carolyn Crawford
Discovered this in the documentary Dreams of a Life.
9) Mine by Idle Mind
10) Vagabond by John Splithoff
11) Wasteland by Go Periscope
12) Cloud Nine by Marvin Gaye
Oops, this is a cover. Should have posted this 2 days ago. Oh well, I'm gonna dance.
13) Modern Hearts by The Knocks
14) Way Back Home (Club Version) by Bag Raiders
15) My Girl by Chad Valley
16) Crickets by Drop City Yacht Club
17) Til I Met Thee by Cody Chesnutt
18) The Fall by Rhye
19) Twenty Eight (Ianborg & Bronze Whale Bootleg) by The Weeknd
I think this is my favorite group of the year. Digging most of their stuff.
20) Somebody Loves You - Betty Who
I was into this song way before that viral video came into existence.