Thursday, January 2, 2014

My top 20 songs of 2013

NO Britney, NO Gaga, NO Kanye... no one TMZ'd in the last 12 months.
Just songs I discovered that put me in the happiest of places.
Made me dance. Made me cry. Made my mouth hurt from smiling so hard.

No particular order. I love them all equally.

1) In Your Care by Bright Light Bright Light








3) Staying by Koda




4) Chamakay by Blood Orange




5) Call Your Mama by Amanda Overmyer
Don't judge.




6) Dear No One by Tori Kelly




7) Work on It by Papi Shank
Sampled some Michael Jackson and
features my friend Anna Morris looking beautiful, dare I say hot.




Discovered this in the documentary Dreams of a Life.




9) Mine by Idle Mind




10) Vagabond by John Splithoff




11) Wasteland by Go Periscope




12) Cloud Nine by Marvin Gaye
Oops, this is a cover. Should have posted this 2 days ago. Oh well, I'm gonna dance.




13) Modern Hearts by The Knocks




14) Way Back Home (Club Version) by Bag Raiders




15) My Girl by Chad Valley




16) Crickets by Drop City Yacht Club




17) Til I Met Thee by Cody Chesnutt




18) The Fall by Rhye




I think this is my favorite group of the year. Digging most of their stuff.




20) Somebody Loves You - Betty Who
I was into this song way before that viral video came into existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment