2) I'm a hypocrite. I identify with Holden Caulfield a little too much and we'll leave it at that. In this situation I'm a hypocrite because I can't stand End of the Year lists. They're rehashes of things that were overplayed/overhyped enough as it is during the year. I'd like to think my lists are just a tad more different. Eclectic, even.
That being said, here are my seven favorite cover songs (no particular order) I discovered in 2013.
1) So Groovy (Reach out of the Darkness) by Jocelyn Alice & Right The Stars
Original by Friend and Lover
2) Call Me, Maybe by Markki Stroem
I actually like this better than Carly Mae Jepson's version.
3) Stay by Jared Leto
Original by Rihanna
LOVE LOVE LOVE his voice! I feel like Angela Chase when I listen to this.
4) Royals by Mayer Hawthorne
Original by Lorde
5) Creep by Carrie Manolakos
Original by Radiohead
Chills, chills I tell ya, starting at 2:25
6) Hanging On (Sound Remedy Remix) by Ellie Goulding
Original by Active Child
Ellie Goulding can do no wrong in my book. Love her voice.
And Dubstep added to it? Yes, please!
7) I Knew You Were Trouble by Walk Off the Earth
Original by Taylor Swift.
A Cappella goodness.
Always better when you don't have to hear Taylor Swift's singing.