Monday, December 17, 2012

From my iPod - Christmas in the 50s & 60s

Was able to recoup all (7,700+) songs I lost in November on our iMac. They were all still on my iPod. Alas, pictures that weren't posted on Facebook are all gone as well as my writing from the last year and a half or so. Holidays were coming up and it dawned on me I had NO Christmas songs on my iPod but instead in a folder on the computer.  Lost. Then I remembered I had a good deal of them on CDs I made for road trips thru the years. Whew. Talk about ups and downs. I'm a material person in the sense I like to hold onto certain things for memories and my writing. BUT I'm really a material person when it comes to music. Even if a song hasn't popped up on my iPod in 5 years I just like to know it's still there. Music is that important to me. 

Anyway, Christmastime so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite holiday songs of each decade. While I love me the classics - you know what they are - I'm only highlighting the odd/different stuff you don't hear on the radio or in department stores often. Of course there are some classics thrown in because I love them that much  :)

Here goes:








Phil Spector did no wrong with this album but THIS gets me moving.



Burt Bacharach - Just one of the few main reasons I wish I lived through the 60s



Ah, Free Design puts me in a very good place.
Listen to this and Bubbles. Where's my sun and fluffy clouds?




Moog? Tuba? Blaring horns? Jazz? Yes, please!


JJ Barnes - Snowflakes

This needs a Soul Train line dance.




Have A Merry Chess Christmas is a great album all-around
but Minnie Ripperton makes this song stand out big time.



These are my people! Plain and simple. GREAT medley.



Seriously, these are my people! Lady in pink, high-pitched lady, 
lady in green snapping, all the snappers. I watch this on a daily basis. Imperative.




C'mon. Being one of the biggest Peanuts fans out there I have to include this.


No comments:

Post a Comment